at Hutchinson Community College in Hutchinson, Kansas, United States
Essential Functions –
- Teach courses (lecture and laboratory) in Microbiology and Human Anatomy and Physiology. Teaching assignments may include teaching via alternative delivery systems such as online.
- Plan, implement, and sponsor appropriate activities to supplement instruction.
- Assist in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Maintain evaluation and attendance records as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by HutchCC.
- Participate, as possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Serve actively on institutional committees.
- Maintain records and files as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- May advise prospective and enrolled students in the appropriate curricula.
- May mentor honors students.
- May sponsor co-curricular activities such as Biology Club.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chairperson or the Vice President of Academic Affairs or as specified in the local Master Agreement.