at Kansas Department of Transportation* in Olathe, Kansas, United States
To apply for this position, please visit www.jobs.ks.gov and reference Job ID #210104 or click How To Apply and follow the instructions provided.
This Equipment Operator positions is located in Olathe, Kansas. These positions require a Class A CDL with Air Brake option and Tanker Endorsement at the time of hire. If you do not currently have a Class A CDL but are still interested in employment with the Kansas Department of Transportation, you may still qualify for our Equipment Operator Trainee program which is a paid position that provides employees with on-the-job training while you work towards obtaining a CDL. You may apply through this job ad for either Equipment Operator or Equipment Operator Trainee roles.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform manual labor associated with maintenance activities, including the operation of miscellaneous equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, compressors, jackhammers, generators, power tools, and various hand tools.
• Setup and remove temporary traffic control and serve as flag person for maintenance work zones.
• Maintain highways and facilities through activities such as repairs, resurfacing, mowing, and snow and ice control.
• Operate dump trucks, small and medium-size loaders, mowers, tractors, rollers, and power brooms to perform various maintenance tasks. Operate a loader or truck-mounted plow and spreader in snow and ice control operations.
• On-the-job training is provided.