at Chance Rides Manufacturing, Inc. in Wichita, Kansas, United States
With over 60 years of legacy and talent, our dedicated leadership, management and skilled workforce serves customers that includes stand-alone attraction venues, theme parks, family entertainment centers, zoos and aquariums. As we continue to grow, develop and manufacture new and exciting product lines, we are currently seeking an experienced Paint Shop Supervisor. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the day-to-day production operations within the department.
Duties of Position (include but not limited to):
- Ability to lead and motivate department personnel across multiple paint and bodywork activities
- Maintain accountability and achievable action plans
- Understand and apply all Company policies and ensure employees comply with these policies
- Delegate effectively to maximize the best use of talent and resources available
- Identify opportunities for improvements in production, cost efficiencies and/or problem areas
- Work creatively to resolve issues, overcome obstacles, and meet production goals
- Monitor and adjust daily work schedules as needed to hit delivery dates
- Maintain regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance in conjunction with and through close coordination with outside agencies and management personnel
- Manage safety equipment (PPE) and tools to include maintenance and inspection logs
- Ensure employees have the proper tools, supplies, and job-specific materials needed
- Possess the right people skills to manage and motivate a team
- Manage quality and evaluate any bodywork and/or paint issues
- Work collaboratively with both internal customers and outside paint vendors/partners
- Monitor and effectively manage all materials and supplies
- Responsible for conducting employee reviews, time keeping, disciplinary action, and hiring/firing decisions.