at Mid American Credit Union in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Mid American Credit Union is looking for individuals that like to be challenged, rewarded and inspired! This job is perfect for self-motivated, quick thinkers with unmatched problem-solving skills. Are you ready to be a part of a team that provides outstanding service each and every day?
What You'll Do:
Operations Specialist at Mid American perform specialized operational duties and complex functions to ensure accurate, efficient, timely and confidential services and support to credit union members, other departments and branches.
Operations Specialists must also contribute to a positive work environment and the Mid American Credit Union image by maintaining courteous, respectful and effective teamwork and communications, exhibiting a strong desire to serve members and co-workers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to perform duties relating to electronic services including but not limited to card services, shared branch activity and remote deposit capture. Maintain expertise on card related processing systems, assist with system upgrades and new products.
- Provide expert support to branches and other departments for more complex account issues including but not limited to tax-favored accounts, account ownership such as trust, business accounts, POA’s, decedent accounts and non-standard account documentation.
- Perform research including communications with 3rd party vendors as needed to answer staff and member questions relating to deposit operations.
- Perform processes associated with card/electronic activity disputes and fraud.
- Assist with third party changes, upgrades and new product development.
- Perform BSA related functions ensuring regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop staff knowledge and efficiencies through the communication of process clarification to staff, supervisors and trainers based upon discovery of processing issues.
- Actively participate in the operations change management process and other training processes.
- Perform daily, monthly and year end related tasks including but not limited to error corrections, balancing of IRS records, reconciliation of year-end reporting, regulatory reporting and verifications, deposit and tax-favored member notification and system testing.
- Perform quality assurance tasks as assigned, including but not limited to , address change verification, new account opening verifications ,verification of tax-favored transactions and forms and more complex file maintenance activity
Committed to being part of the Mid American team! Show commitment to learning and growth. Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and strong people skills during interactions with co-workers and members. Be able to work individually as well as with a team. Embrace change and be able to think of new ideas to assist our members. Demonstrate financial responsibility and professionalism.
What You Need to Get the Job Done:
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive attitude while working well with others.
- Customer service experience including the ability to effectively perform the skills necessary to deliver exceptional service, such as communication, empathy, patience and organization.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience – Six months to two years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
- Need to have proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Outlook software (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required to be an effective subject matter expert in the position. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with members, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors of a sensitive and/or high confidential nature is a normal part of the day-to-day experience. Communications can involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.