at Equity Bank in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionThe Legal Research Clerk is responsible for handling all legal requests including garnishments, levies, summons, and subpoenas. A successful candidate in this role will have experience using Microsoft Office products, attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to communicate issues and solutions and work with individuals at all levels of the business, be a team player, and be proactive with good problem-solving skills. Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Legal research tasks, including reviewing legal documents such as liens, levies, and garnishments
- Gather documents and information for legal requests including subpoenas and summons
- Process third party account information requests
- Communication with legal offices, local law enforcement, and government agencies
- Working to continually develop and improve internal procedures
- Assist in activities related to file management, document research, and support of the bank’s general counsel
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years’ experience in banking or finance related industry preferred
- Communication skills
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
- Organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment as well independently
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 10 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others. Frequently uses hands and fingers to handle or feel. Requires ability to see up close and distant, distinguish colors, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.Who We Are:
Equity Bank, a full-service, $5 billion community bank, is based in Wichita, Kansas, with 70 bank offices throughout Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
At Equity Bank, you can find exciting opportunities to challenge you, expand your skills, and reward your contributions. Our employees receive competitive compensation and benefits, while working in an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional growth. We’re searching for motivated individuals who are passionate about serving others, learning new technologies, and working as part of a team.
Equity Bank offers a full range of financial solutions, including online and mobile banking, commercial loans, consumer banking, and mortgage loans, treasury management service, the best solutions for your business, and absolutely zero ATM fees, anywhere.