at Equity Bank in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionResponsibilities and Expectations
- Direct daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines.
- Establish foundational practices and procedures including technical standards, tools, and platform standards.
- Manage the administrative processes for human resource actions (hiring, professional development, promotions, terminations, disciplinary procedures, and salary adjustments) to maintain a skilled technical and customer service-oriented staff.
- Prepare and review project progress reports.
- Maintain an ongoing list of current and upcoming project requests
- Assign and review the work of development analysts.
- Conduct meetings with customer base to determine application requirements based on new project priorities and business and system needs.
- Meet with executives, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation around development work.
- Create and review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Manage projects to meet scope and timeline commitment
- Set expectations & focus, assign duties, delegate responsibilities, evaluate activities, etc.
- Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Follow established Information Systems policies and procedures
- Follow established internal control policies
- Follow established compliance policies, responsibilities including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethic and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Information Security, and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department head
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience managing/directing software development projects and/or teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Experience coordinating, planning, and organizing upgrades of systems and technology.
- Project management experience; PMP desirable but not required
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others.Work Environment:
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.Who We Are:
Equity Bank, a full-service, $5 billion community bank, is based in Wichita, Kansas, with 70 bank offices throughout Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
At Equity Bank, you can find exciting opportunities to challenge you, expand your skills, and reward your contributions. Our employees receive competitive compensation and benefits, while working in an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional growth. We’re searching for motivated individuals who are passionate about serving others, learning new technologies, and working as part of a team.
Equity Bank offers a full range of financial solutions, including online and mobile banking, commercial loans, consumer banking, and mortgage loans, treasury management service, the best solutions for your business, and absolutely zero ATM fees, anywhere.