at Intrust Bank* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job Summary: Oversees the Wealth & Retirement Strategist team and the investment process. Proactively serves as a Strategist for key client relationships, playing a pivotal role in their financial success. Plays a vital part as a member of both the senior leadership team within the business unit and the Senior Management team of the bank. Collaborates closely with Directors of Premier Services and Retirement to foster synergy and drive success. Responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of initiatives and projects to support the department and/or business unit. Establishes work processes for direct reports and ensures a high level customer service is delivered and promotes and fosters teamwork across all areas of INTRUST. Represents INTRUST Bank in all they do in the community, and is focused on the development of new business relationships. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality, and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUST’s Character Qualities.
- All expectations described in the job description’s essential functions are necessary to be successful in this role, performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for senior management oversight of the Wealth and Retirement Strategy team.
- Leads the creation, enhancement and implementation of the investment strategy and philosophy for Wealth and Retirement management.
- Participates in the development of Wealth & Retirement management’s business vision and strategies.
- Responsible for select/key client relationship management.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry regulations, trends, and applicable compliance-related requirements.
- Performs compliance-related oversight and participates in investment function of Wealth and Retirement.
- Interacts with all Wealth and Retirement staff, as well as Consumer Banking, Commercial Lending, Bankcard, Treasury Management, etc.
- Maintains relationships with investment managers, vendors, and peer organizations.
- Responsible for the selection, retention, coaching, compensation, performance management and development of direct reports.
Physical Demands: Extended period(s) of time may be spent viewing a personal computer, sitting, standing, and walking. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. The physical demands necessary for this role should be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions. Considerable amount of travel in car to client meetings.
As the top-ranking investment strategy role within INTRUST’s Wealth & Retirement group and a member of INTRUST’s senior management team, this leader is responsible for the management and development of a talented team of client-facing Wealth Strategists who are collectively accountable to oversee the organization’s investment philosophy, portfolio construction, tax management, and other tools used to deliver client solutions.
Requires a proven track record of investment strategy success and excellent people management and collaboration skills. Works intentionally with other Wealth & Retirement and INTRUST bank leaders to execute strategic initiatives in a mutually cooperative manner.
- $6.5B AUM (Wealth, Trust, and Retirement)
- Client engagement focus, with a full balance sheet perspective and outcome-based planning approach
- Long-standing commitment to the highest fiduciary principles
- INTRUST is an organization immensely committed to the success of its clients, employees, and communities.