at WSU Tech in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Overview / Job Summary:
As a 9mo Faculty, Accounting, you would be primarily responsible for the accounting program is to be a subject matter expert and provide a combination of classroom and hands-on instruction to students. Responsibilities include teaching courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled and adhering to academic faculty ethical and professional behaviors.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, but are not limited to:
- Creates and/or uploads an appropriate course syllabus for each course to the Learning Management System.
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
- Plans each unit or lesson, both as to content and method. Provides lesson plans to the appropriate dean or designee. Publishes lesson plans on course syllabus.
- Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality (online, hybrid, or face to face).
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate program leadership
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred.
- Must be available for required course assignments.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively organize and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
- Ability to pre-plan course work.