at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, United States
We need someone who is outgoing & excited to work with diversity not only in tasks but also in who they work with. Working as a part of the department & not just in it, allows you to know about changes & being able to communicate those to students. Your communication as well as individual approach/focus enables a partnership with students so they can clearly see their college route based on their requirements, adjustments, and needs. Receive a membership to NACADA through us also helps advance your career; so while we invest in you, we want you investing in the future of our students. If you have drive, a talent for time management & a passion for helping others, apply now for this chance to be part of something bigger.
- Provides students with information on how to complete their college degree and refers students to appropriate campus and community services and resources when needed.
- Serves as a resource person to faculty and others with regard to academic advising policies and procedures. May review and optimize procedures as needed.
- May assist in the development of and participates in recruitment and retention activities related to the student population such as monitoring educational progress and/or providing application or other assistance.
- May maintain confidential student records and personal information.
- May conduct or participate in seminars, workshops or orientation sessions for students on academic, career and personal success strategies and other group activities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organized and the ability to meet deadlines under limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Proficient use of computers.