at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Your focus is on making changes systemically, for example in support for data & systems modernization in local health departments & primary data collection standardization. Where you rise to the challenge of all that entails for our community partners. Your ability to thrive with both variety in the types of projects this team deals with as well as the routine aspects makes this a great fit. Perseverance, adaptability & your analytical side make you an asset as a project manager. We are depending on your familiarity with the relevant data & your deft ability to bring disparate parties (state, public & local health) together in consensus for the benefit of everyone. If you want to have a direct influence in your community, knowing you had a part on its improvement, apply your matching skill set to this position!
Designs, develops, and proposes public health capacity-building or related processes to proposed clients. Manages all aspects of the project, responding to client needs and expectations, and fulfilling agreed-upon commitments. Manages multiple clients simultaneously.
- Proposes, secures and delivers work with public health related clients. Manages external partner relationships to ensure the fulfillment of expectations.
- Supports the conceptualization, design, and delivery of work related to ongoing public health related projects, working primarily in a team environment.
- Addresses and resolves public health project issues to ensure goals remain on track.
- Coordinates and prepares reports, materials and presentations to support leaders.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates project tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of public health trends, issues, programs and services.
- Ability to lead the design and completion of project plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external and internal partners in team member and project leadership roles.
- Ability to monitor and track multiple project budgets and deliverables.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.