at Schenker, Inc. in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Job DescriptionWhat will you enjoy doing (duties/tasks)
- Ensure a safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures.
- Conduct regular 5s audits to ensure high standards are maintained and improvement areas are proactively addressed.
- Comply with SLI safety standards and PIT equipment safe operating practices.
- Submit complete and accurate incident reports identifying root cause and corrective actions needed in a timely fashion for all safety and quality/service related incidents.
- Select, place, and train staff and define specific job assignments.
- Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met.
- Maintain and implement plans to maintain productivity, safety standards, quality, cost control, and employee morale.
- Review each individual's performance at least twice yearly for progress against focal plan.
- Plan, manage and control day to day operations for assigned groups or functional areas.
- Implement and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices relating to the operation.
- Trend and report on volumetric data for assigned area(s) to assist in labor planning decisions.