at Goodwill Industries* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
For more than 60 years, Goodwill Industries of Kansas has been a trusted resource and advocate for people with disabilities and barriers to employment. At Goodwill Industries of Kansas, our mission is to provide opportunities for people with disabilities and barriers to employment seeking independent and productive lives. We are looking for an Event Specialist to play a key role in furthering our mission in our Development area.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Event Specialist provides Assistance in coordinating events of various sizes and complexities from conception to completion. Work closely with clients, vendors, and team members to ensure the success of the event. This role requires strong organizational, communication and time-management skills to meet deadlines and executive a flawless event.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and maintain records of fundraising activities and events.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work with volunteers, board members and organizations. Able to lift 40-50 pounds and able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.