at PrairieLand Partners in Wichita, Kansas, United States
The Service Technician Level 1 is responsible for performing basic diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and dealer-owned equipment. The Service Technician Level 1 reports to the Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs repairs and maintenance using proper tools, techniques, and equipment for the machines that the technician specializes in.
- Follows Technical Manual procedures when conducting maintenance and repairs on machines of the Technician’s specialty.
- Seeks direction and guidance from the Service Manager or senior technicians, as necessary.
- Maintains contact with customers about work performed on equipment as necessary.
- Participates in training programs that are required for advancing work-related skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains vehicles, inventory, AVE-PLP tools, personal tools, and equipment in good working order.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of AVE-PLP.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of AVE-PLP’s vision, mission, and values.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of customer and dealer-owned equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to communicate with effectively with AVE-PLP staff and customers, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to use job-related computer applications and basic computer functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent is required.
- One or more years of experience performing service repairs is preferred.
- Experience with the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in off road, construction, lawn, or heavy equipment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Passing a driving record (MVR), criminal history background checks, employment verification, and drug screen will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Forklift license preferred or ability to obtain one.