at The Women's Network in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Position: Administrative Assistant/Marketing
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Hours: Monday – Friday
Reports to: Executive Director
Overview: Wichita Women’s Initiative Network, Inc. (Doing Business As: The Women’s Network – TWN) is a 501©(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to change the lives of women who have survived domestic violence relationships, in Wichita, Kansas. The Women’s Network provides programming to help survivors of trauma develop economic security and personal wellbeing through job readiness and work retention program that help women thrive in work and in life. TWN holds the license for Dress for Success.
Position overview: Administrative Assistant/Marketing role is to provide support to the executive director.
- Manage databases
- Assist with some accounting
- Organize events (annual fundraiser, networking events, etc.)
- Write/edit monthly newsletter
- Manage and post for social media accounts for both programs
- Scan and organize documents
- Answer phones, greet visitors and accept donations
- Schedule appointments for executive director and maintain calendar
- Tasks may be adjusted as the needs of the organization change.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work respectfully with a culturally diverse population and with women who have experienced trauma, overcome addictions and live in poverty,
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries,
- Effective communication skills,
- Willingness to be an active team member and ability to serve in a diverse team,
- Good organizational skills and ability to follow through with assigned tasks,
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Must be self-motivated, working independently.
- Must have a High School/GED
- Associate’s degree in marketing or business
- Experience using social media for marketing events and programs
- Experience event planning
- Full time employees are offered health insurance paid at 80% for the employee
- Paid time off begins accruing immediately, at the rate of a day per pay period up to 15 days a year, with additional days with increased years of service.
- Employees enjoy 7 paid holidays in addition to Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.