at CHC-SEK in Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
The Construction Technician is an integral part of the Facilities Construction team and is responsible carrying out construction processes in accordance with project plans and/or as directed by Facilities and Residential Project Managers. This position may assist Facilities/Residential Project Managers supervise portions of projects performed by subcontractors as required. The Construction Technician may also assist with supervision of Construction Apprentices/Laborers.Requirements
- Will perform a wide range of skilled and unskilled construction tasks not requiring formal licensure, including carpentry, metal stud framing, concrete, hanging and finishing drywall, painting, etc.
- Must be able to read and understand plans and specifications to complete assigned tasks.
- Will be required to operate many types of tools and light construction equipment while ensuring safety of self and those working in the area.
- Communicate with other workers to complete project as required.
- May assist other trade contractors to complete project.
- Prepare material lists as required to complete assigned projects.
- Assist in determining needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Supervisor the work of sub-contractors to assist Project Manager.
- Evaluate progress of the project and report to Project Manager as required.
- Assist with maintenance/facilities repairs within other CHC/SEK owned properties.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report any issues or concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.