at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Position Title Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Women's Administrator
Position Number Z90402
Position Status Full-Time
Regular Work Hours Mon-Fri, 8a-5p (evenings & weekends regularly)
Location Wichita, KS - WSU Main Campus
Position Specific Responsibilities Seeking an professional administrator with extensive experience and background in student-athlete services (i.e., compliance, academics, sports medicine, performance/mental health, career/professional development, leadership development) who is committed to developing young people and programs through first-class service to student-athletes and coaches. Successful candidate will retain significant day-to-day sport administration responsibilities, serve as athletics’ liaison with relevant support services on campus and serve as a critically important member of the department’s executive team. Apply for this opportunity to be a part of our team, celebrating each season & year!
Summary of Responsibilities Provides leadership and strategic direction for all personnel and functions associated with the Student-Athlete Services division, including but not limited to, academic support, compliance, sports medicine and career and professional development services. Collaborates with Director of Athletics to establish, define, plan and communicate vision and direction for athletics, establishing long-range goals and objectives and executes departmental mission, leads vision, supervises implementation strategies and achieves strategic objectives.
- Leads the development and administration of large athletic budgets, operations and training.
- Ensures adherence to all University, department, National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) and American Athletics Conference (AAC) policies, procedures and regulations.
- Directs cross-functional leadership teams and ensures strategic assignment of resources in support of first-class student-athlete experience.
- Represents the University through collaborative engagements on campus and conference committees.
- Demonstrates a daily commitment to the department mission to “develop young people and programs, the Shocker Way, through first-class service to our student-athletes, coaches and Shocker Nation”, including core values, student-athlete development and broad-based competitive excellence.
- Serves as a highly-visible Senior Women’s Administrator working in close collaboration with head coaches, student-athletes and staff.
- Provides on-site and in-person leadership which includes working long hours to include nights, weekends and moderate travel.
Minimum Education Bachelor’s degree in related field by hire date
Minimum Experience Eight (8) years of experience in intercollegiate athletics administration or related field, with four (4) years of experience in senior and/or executive leadership role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Possess leadership qualities and employs them regularly.
- Knowledge of dynamics related to college athletes.
- Understanding of D-1 compliance with academics and athletics.
- Professional communication.
- Previous sports administration knowledge.
Licenses, Certificates and Registrations Valid Kansas drivers license
User Export Compliance
Additional Information 15 hours of graduate work being equitable to a year of experience.
Department Information: Department - 8000-Athletic Director
Salary Information: Pay Information - Range from $90,000 up to $125,000/yr based on experience. Salary determination based on experience matching with criteria.
Overtime Eligibility No
Eligible for Shift Differential? No
Benefits Eligible? Yes
- Posting Date 05/08/2023
- Closing Date
- Proposed Start Date 06/12/2023
Physical Demands / Physical Requirements:
- Ability to remain in a stationary position. – Frequent 60-90%
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment including but not limited to phone, printers, copiers, and calculators. – Frequent 60-90%
- Ability to communicate with others and accurately exchange information. – Frequent 60-90%
- Ability to move or traverse across campus, within buildings and offices, and/or across external environments – Occasional 30-60%
Physical Weight Category Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Light work involves remaining stationary most of the time.
Supplemental Questions: Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Can you meet all educational, experiential and knowledge, skills and ability requirements for this position?
- What is your desired salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application