at Saint Luke's Health System in Garnett, Kansas, United States
Saint Luke's Anderson County Hospital in Garnett, KS is seeking a Certified Medication Aide to join our Long Term Care team. You will have the opportunity to help improve hospital throughput and capacity while enhancing the patient experience. Our CMAs make an impact on our patient's hospital stay daily by providing individualized care in a positive and supportive work environment. We are proud to treat our patients and each other with respect and kindness, ensuring our vision of being "The Best Place to Get Care. The Best Place to Give Care".
- 12 hour Shifts
- Provides patient care under the direction and supervision of an RN or LPN.
- Performs direct and indirect patient care tasks.
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living and care such as bathing, hygiene, elimination and toileting, nutrition, feeding, hydration, ambulation and positioning.
- Anticipates the patient's family needs in a proactive fashion.
- Individualizes and modifies care according to the patient's needs.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to enhance the provision of patient care.
- Possess and utilize effective technical skills for the provision of safe and appropriate care, including pharmacology knowledge and medication administration.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong communication and time management skills. We are seeking Certified Medication Aide who are team oriented, eager to expand their skills, and possess a strong attention to detail.
Why Saint Luke's?
- Wages starting at $17.50, pay increases based on years of relevant experience.
- Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard. We value our nursing assistant and nurses' knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
- The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
- Continuing Education, tuition reimbursement, and leadership and other career training available
- Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all eligible employees, click here to find out more.
Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Cert Medication Aide - Kansas Board of Nursing, Cert Nurse Assistant (KS) - Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services
Job Details Full Time
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care . Saint Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.