at WSU Tech in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Composites Tech Instructor (Adjunct/Part Time) ~ Aviation
Light & strong is what comes to mind when talking about aviation composite parts. The process of making both of those a reality, takes some skills. We want someone who is good with groups of eager to learn students & can adapt to their needs for them to gain these skills & refine them. This is a fast-paced program, it takes someone who is happy to pass on their knowledge to students & then sit back watch them take off to their futures!
Quick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Ensures each program/class contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency. Maintains a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those subjects.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
Teaching and Instruction
- Develops, revises, and/or recommends curriculum changes which meet the objectives of the course/program and improve student learning.
- Ensures that each program/class meets the WSU Tech Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
- Plans each unit or lesson, both as to content and method. Provides lesson plans to the appropriate dean or designee. Publishes lesson plans on course syllabus.
- Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry quality standards (ANSI, NADCAP, AS9100), preferred.
- 4 years industry experience or combination of education & experience equaling 4 years, required;
- a. Composites Technician
- Tool prep
- Experience with wet & pre-impregnated lay-up techniques.
- Vacuum bagging proficient.
- Part curing, as well as finishing & trim knowledge.
- Exposure to multiple repair techniques
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred with pre-planning course work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, meeting deadlines and dealing with pressure appropriately.
Pay Rate: $32 /hr
Schedule: M-Th 4p-9p; NCAT Campus
Hours per Week: TBD
Work Hours: Days or Evenings
- Required Education: Some College
- Required Experience: 4 to 5 years
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.