at CHC-SEK in Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
This position supports the Quality department in advancing our data driven culture by designing, developing, and implementing complex dashboards, reports, and visualizations for all departments. The data analyst works with leaders, managers, and staff to determine needs and goals, aims to empower staff with information, and inspire growth, and quality improvement with actionable insights. The position also requires extensive healthcare knowledge in order to analyze, interpret, and summarize report findings for broad use, and assist in quality initiatives such as patient engagement projects.Requirements
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and an organizational data analysis plan to ensure quality and consistency of reoccurring, and ad-hoc reports and projects.
- Work independently to collaborate with CHC/SEK leaders and staff to design, automate, and maintain dashboards, reports, and visualizations, as assigned or developed.
- Analyze, interpret, trend, and summarize large sets of data and reports to inform quality improvement initiatives through data analysis techniques and a comprehensive knowledge of internal and external healthcare systems.
- Generate innovative methods to automate reporting systems, and continually strive to improve the reporting feedback loop, visualizations, and actionable presentations of data.
- Identify and lead efforts to improve or remedy data quality issues including reviewing charts and working with the electronic health record team or other departments to address systematic workflow concerns.
- Assist in various population health and quality initiatives (e.g. cancer grants/initiatives), and external reporting requirements such as patient centered medical home, HRSA and UDS reporting, and patient engagement opportunities.
- Participate and/or lead committees and teams as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.