at Landmark Commercial Property Management in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Property Management Company with multiple properties in and around Wichita, seeking a part time (20-30 hours) Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of our managed properties. This position could transition into a fulltime 40 hour a week position. You will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, preventative HVAC maintenance, landscaping etc. Attention to detail will be very important and the ability to handle multiple projects daily in an efficient manner. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. Professionalism, presentation, and courtesy is of the upmost importance when interacting with our tenants and owners. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition for our owners and tenants.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- General cleanup (pickup trash) sweeping etc.
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
- Proven experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus but not required
- Be able to handle small power tools and equipment safely.
- Understanding of technology helpful as candidate will be using a tablet to track work orders.
Must have reliable transportation, pickup truck would be preferred. Compensation commensurate with experience Veterans and retirees are welcome to apply.