at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a*NICU Air Transport Registered Nurse (RN)*today with Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated NICU RN like you to be a part of our team.
It takes a special person to become a nurse, but that’s even more true for those who go on to become Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) nurses. These dedicated professionals care for the most fragile patients that are sick and premature newborns. In addition, they are on the front lines when it comes to helping scared parents through what is often a traumatic experience.
About this unit:
- When not transporting, nurse will be working with inpatient neonates
- 70-bed level III NICU
- Patient Satisfaction-among the highest in the country
- “Rooming-in” rooms for parents to be with their newborn full-time
NICU Registered Nurse/RN Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the HCA Midwest Neonatal Transport Coordinator, Transport Program Director and Transport Medical Director (Neonatal Leadership Team), the Transport Neonatal Nurse, during transport functions to identify, plan, implement and evaluate the stabilization and emergency care of acutely ill neonates and infants in collaboration with the Medical Control Physician and the Transport Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- The Transport RN practices in accordance with philosophy, policies, procedures and standards of the hospital: functions within the guidelines of the protocols for the transport program that are reviewed and agreed on by the HCA Midwest Neonatal Leadership Team.
- Care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nurse Practice Acts, and AAP Guidelines for Air and Ground Transport.
*What Qualifications You Will Need: *
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation
- Ability to achieve and maintain BCLS. NRP certification required.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years current clinical experience as a RN working in a Level III NICU
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our NICU Air Transport RN opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Nursing – Professional
Title: NICU Air Transport RN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-82336