at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Speech Language Pathologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinMenorah Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At MMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- o Student Loan Repayment
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Speech Language Pathologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The speech pathologist functions as a member of the healthcare team. The purpose is to provide medically prescribed speech evaluation and therapy services in the hospital in accordance with national standard and administrative policies of the hospital.
- The goal is to restore and/or retain function, to prevent or minimize disability following disease, injury, surgery, or loss of a body part in order to allow the patient to perform to his/her maximum ability and to be safe in the least restrictive environment.
- The speech pathologist serves the populations of birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age, adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age, adult patients between 18 to 64 years of age, and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
What qualifications you will need:
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school is required
- Current Kansas Speech Pathology licensure. American Heart Association BLS required upon hire.
- 1-3 years experience with pediatric and adult populations. Must have familiarity with neurogenic communication disorders and dysphagia.* *
Menorah Medical Center, a 185 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-82320