at City of Haysville, KS in Haysville, Kansas, United States
The City of Haysville is a community of approximately 11,500 people located just south of Wichita in South Central Kansas. We are currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Police Officer. When fully staffed we have 26 sworn law enforcement officers, an Animal Control Officer, and six Records Clerk staff on three shifts. We have multiple specialty assignments within the department including the DEA Task Force, K-9 Unit, Bike Patrol, School Resource Officer, and Community Policing. We have an Investigations Section staffed by a Lieutenant, a Detective Sergeant, a certified Computer Forensic Analyst, and three detectives.
TYPE: Full Time SHIFT WORK: 1st 7a-3p 2nd 3p-11p 3rd 11p-7a
SALARY: The starting wage is $18.65 per hour. After six months of employment and the successful completion of your KLETC training and certification, you will receive a step increase to $19.21 per hour. Officers who are already KLETC certified with a combined 4 years of service are eligible to test for Master Police Officer after 6 months of employment. MPO's starting wage is $20.25 per hour with a step increase to $20.86 per hour after six months in the position.
The Haysville Police Department prefers officers who are KLETC certified. We will consider sending the right non-certified candidate to KLETC for training and certification if the opportunity presents itself. A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Employment is contingent upon passing an initial interview with a member of the command staff, oral board interview, polygraph exam, extensive background investigation, physical, drug and alcohol screen, and psychological testing.
Haysville Police Department Disqualification List
During the Haysville Police Department application process your background will be closely examined. Review the following background "disqualifiers." If you think that any of these apply to you and you have questions, please call the Haysville Police Department, Investigations Section (316} 529-5912, for clarification, or for more information.
- Must satisfy all requirements as set forth in Kansas Statute 74-5605b.
- Must satisfy all requirements as set forth by the City of Haysville.
- If military service has been rendered your DD214 must reflect a separation code and an Honorable Discharge or a Discharge under Honorable Conditions.
- Applicants may be eliminated from the process if they have not fully disclosed ALL information requested.
- Applicants WILL be eliminated from the process if they have falsified, intentionally misrepresented, or have not been completely truthful on a questionnaire, document, or application as part of the pre-employment process.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION:
To apply please go to Kansas Government Jobs - KSGovJobs.com. You can also get the application paperwork in person at the Haysville Police Department, 200 W. Grand Ave. in Haysville. If you have any questions about qualifications you can call Lt. Kevin Sexton at 316-529-5912, M-F, 9:00am-5:00pm