at Hutchinson Regional Medical Center in Hutchinson, Kansas, United States
Provides individualized quality patient care, develops and implements nursing care plans, and maintains the patient’s medical chart. Maintains and applies principles of safety. Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command. Works in cooperation with other health team members.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Evaluates, plans, implements, and documents individualized nursing plan of care for patients of all ages. (Newborn and Children: Specific to ED, LDRP, Pediatric Units.)
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals and including the patient and family in discussions regarding medical issues, testing, medications, and self-care skills.
- Observes the patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions and reports any changes as appropriate.
- Provides direct patient care and support as part of the health care team.
- Mentors, develops and trains new staff and students.
- Abides by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability privacy and security regulations regarding all aspects of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Must be able to demonstrate unit-specific competencies required by unit-specific checklists. This should occur within a reasonable orientation timeframe to a new unit and on-going thereafter.