at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Clinical Pharmacist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee’s Summit Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
This position is Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm, 1 Holiday per year, not Christmas Day.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding:
- o Student Loan Repayment
How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Clinical Pharmacist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit:
- Our team is committed to patient safety, employee satisfaction, and above all else the care and improvement of human life
- By joining our team you will have the opportunity to provide excellent pharmaceutical care in a rapidly growing acute care facility amidst an ever changing healthcare environment.
- Collaborative Staff, Great Physicians, and supportive leadership team.
- The LSMC Pharmacy Department serves the needs of the entire 80 bed hospital
- The Clinical Pharmacist is fully integrated into the Multidisciplinary Care Team and delivers and manages medication therapy utilizing technological advances to provide and continually improve the most cost effective patient outcomes.
- The primary role is to provide clinical pharmacy services and support to the interdisciplinary care team to insure optimal medication management at LSMC from the admission medication reconciliation to the discharge medication instruction.
- LSMC Pharmacists duties include the supervision of pharmacy technicians in all of their duties to include checking all compounds, kits and pharmacy orders filled that are not scanned into Pyxis with Barcode verification.
- Clinical pharmacists also augment the physician order entry and oversight of preparation and delivery of medication.
- The Staff Pharmacist provides care for ages (0-30 Days Neonate, and Infants (ED ONLY), Children to Adolescents (PACU & OR only. 18-39 Yrs Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs Adult and 65 Geriatric patients.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school or college of pharmacy. Preference for Pharm D degree. BS degree is acceptable.
- Licensure from State of Missouri with MTS Certification
- At least one year of relevant experience in a hospital pharmacy setting. Residency preferred.
Lee’s Summit Medical Centerserves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Level III Trauma care with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee’s Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-81146