at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a VP Quality today with Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
- Drives facility-wide standardization in targeted process improvement initiatives and evaluates success through pre-established criteria and measurement tools. Manages project flow and alignment to ensure milestones and key performance indicators are met within defined parameters
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to drive care excellence across a complex organization. Leads in strategy development for performance improvement through system thinking and safety science application across multiple service lines and care settings.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and objectives. Reviews and updates the Quality Improvement Plan regularly. Develops, implements, and reviews goals, objectives, and priorities to ensure alignment with hospital strategic plans and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and standards
- Collaborates with facility leadership in establishment of operational performance measurements and targets, as well as the monitoring of trends in key performance indicators to evaluate effectiveness, reliability, and efficiency
- Leads and oversees the quality department with responsibility for care excellence, disease specific care, risk management, patient safety, and other aspects of performance improvement across the facility. Effectively manages members of the quality department team
- Develops and monitors the department budget.
- Performs regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data and makes applicable recommendations for process, system, procedure, and operational changes to improve healthcare value and quality.
- Ensures effective execution of all activities concerning the achievement of continuous regulatory and survey readiness. Ensures strategic and operational implementation of regulatory requirements, guidelines, and standards of federal, state, and local licensing agencies, accrediting and certifying organizations
- Maintains oversight of Quality and PI software and reporting systems to meet internal and external reporting requirements and surveys. Assists with selection and installation of software applications
- Monitors completeness, accuracy, and validity of quality files on medical staff and advance practice professionals
- Participates as an active member of peer review committees; analyzes cases and outcome data and collaborates with physicians to promote and improve practice and optimal patient outcomes.
- Collaborates with division and corporate entities and external parties to ensure strategic quality and patient safety initiatives are fully executed at the facility level. Facilitates effective communication with facility and division leadership regarding key clinical performance improvement activities and initiatives
- Serves as a technical advisor, educator and internal consultant to all hospital management, staff, and physicians on the use of performance improvement tools and techniques, analytical techniques, and statistical applications
- Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of qualified competent staff to meet organizational needs. Ensures management of department productivity and work prioritization
- Coordinates with stakeholders and oversees the development of orientation and ongoing education to staff regarding quality and patient safety initiatives; promotes competency, compliance, and performance improvement
- Coordinates with the Patient Safety Director for event analysis, FMEA development, proactive safety activities to support development of a culture of transparency and safety science. Ensures participation of hospital team members, medical staff, senior leaders, and GME programs, as applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or health-related field required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or health-related field; may include MHA or MBA; Grace Period: Enrolled in program upon hire, and must complete in two (2) years
- 3 years clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- 4 years experience in healthcare quality/risk management with demonstrated leadership
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse or health professional in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) within 12 months of hire
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) preferred
- Healthcare Accreditation Certification Program (HACP) preferred
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Directors & Managers
Title: Vice President of Quality
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-80665To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account