at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinResearch Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
We are Currently Offering a $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Candidates!
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Sutdent Loan Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Cath Lab Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Cath lab technicians are cardiovascular technologists who work in our facilities and run tests on heart health. They assist with the insertion of catheters into the heart, and are responsible for measuring and administering special fluids.
About this unit:
- Procedures done in the cath lab/hybrid range from but not limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths, TAVR, TMVR, watchman and cardiomems.
- The lab also works with vascular surgeons and performs many peripheral procedures.
- Call is evenly distributed between staff.
- Under the general supervision of the Cath Lab Supervisor and the CV Services Director, the Cardiac Cath Lab Technologist, in cooperation with the physicians and nursing personnel, assists with diagnostic and therapeutic invasive cardiology patient procedures in the catheterization labs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of radiographic imaging, patient physiologic monitoring and cardiac arrhythmias recognition.
- Complies with principles of sterile technique.
- Collects and assembles data for database, outcome analysis and performance improvement.
- Responsible to carry out any other activities assigned by the Cath Lab Supervisor or CV Services Director to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently.
- The Cath Lab Tech is required to participate in the on-call rotation and is required to respond within 30 minutes to the Cath Lab when on call.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist program or Invasive Cardiovascular Technology program preferred.
- Two years of current experience in Cath lab may be substituted for completion of Radiology Technologist program or invasive cardiovascular technologist (CVT) program completion.
- Current BCLS certification required and maintained.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment.
- Active RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or RT licensure preferred.
- If a new Invasive CVT graduate, must attain credential within 1 year of eligibility date.
- One year of experience in Cath lab, or equivalent clinical experience as part of educational program.
- On the job training with current 10 years or more of experience may be substituted for completion of Radiology Technologist program, Invasive Cardiovascular Technology program and RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist).
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy & physiology.
- Ability to complete within six months a hemodynamic test and arrhythmia recognition test.
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Clinical Techs – CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Cardiac Cath Lab Technician
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-80314