at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Laboratory Technician where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Centertoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Now Offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus For Qualified Candidates!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for anambitious Medical Laboratory Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Under the general supervision of the Chemistry Section Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing; performs waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity biochemical/hematologic testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results, and monitoring of quality control;
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents; maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges;
- Maintains a safe work area; demonstrates professional work habits and interpersonal skills; participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data;
- Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed;
- Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students;
- Assists with the orientation and training of MLT/CLT, Non-registered MT/CLS, and Registered MT/CLS employees.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in medical technology/clinical laboratory science or related science required OR Bachelor degree & certification is subspecialty area OR “Grandfathered” as medical technologist by CLIA ’88
- Must hold one of the following ASCP credentials:
- Technologist/Scientist Certifications: BB C CG CT H M MLS MB HTL
- Specialist Certifications: SBB SC SCT SH SM SCYM SMB
- New graduates will be given a one year grace period from their graduation date to achieve proper ASCP certification. A new graduate will be required to sign a letter agreement stipulating this requirements
- Experience: None required
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist ASCP
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-79878To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account