at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Non-Certified Respiratory Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinMenorah Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Menorah we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Non Certified Respiratory Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Under the general direction of the Director/Supervisor or designee, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician. The employee will provide care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
About this unit:
- We are CAP approved, accredited every two years, College of American Pathologists.
- Teamwork on the unit allows us to run at an intense level.
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused.
- Duties include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy.
- Completing patient documentation in the patient and departmental records, to include all computer based documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
- Accepting other job responsibilities as deemed reasonable by the Manager or designee.
- In this position, the RCP will*_NOT_*be providing mechanical ventilation or maintaining artificial airways.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Current and active enrollment in an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Current Respiratory Therapy Student License with the State of Kansas required.
- Upon graduation from Respiratory Therapy program, student may continue to work as a Student License for up to 60 days.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association required upon hire.
Menorah Medical Center, a 185 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Non Certified Respiratory Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Clinical Techs – CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Respiratory Technician Non-certified PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-79980