at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a Speech Language Pathologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinLee’s Summit Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- o Paid Personal Leave
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Speech Language Pathologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Under the general direction of the Director or Supervisor, the Speech-Language Pathologist functions with limited supervision and is responsible for evaluation of patient performance and progress; treatment of patients; communication of evaluation and treatment results; documentation of evaluation and treatment results; reading of patient and professional related materials; presentations to staff, and program development as assigned. The Speech Pathologist cares for ages 12-17 Yrs Adolescent, 18-39 Yrs Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs Adult and 65 Geriatric patients. Includes outpatient and inpatient coverage. Weekend coverage and holidays with exclusion of Christmas and Thanksgiving will be required with on call pay as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school is required.
- Current Missouri Speech Pathology License or a Missouri temporary license required upon hire.
- Temporary license is only valid for 90 days, Missouri Speech Therapy license must be obtained prior to expiration of temporary license.
- ASHA Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS certification required upon hire.
- A minimum of successful completion of clinical internships and Clinical Fellowship is required/./
- 1 year hospital/health related experiences preferred* *
Lee’s Summit Medical Centerserves Lee’s Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is part of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Women’s services;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee’s Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Pathologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Language Pathologist PRN
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Lee%27s Summit Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09724-79844To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account