at HCA, Hospital Corporation of America in Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Rehabilitation LPN today with Menorah Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At MMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a *Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) *to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The *Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) *coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
About this unit:
- 11 bed inpatient acute rehab unit.
- The culture is very positive and team oriented with a strong leadership team.
- The average length of stay is 10-14 days so you get to build a relationship with the patient and see their progression.
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services.
- In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
- Collects data and performs focused nursing assessments of the health status of patients.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Inserts and maintains IVs, after meeting training requirements and demonstrating competency.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient status, informing appropriate team members.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Reinforces education for patient and family based on the individual needs of the customer.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the principles of patient privacy and security of protected health information
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of the department.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Facilitates the management of the day’s scheduled cases.
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our LP opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Nursing Support
Title: LPN Rehabilitation
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-79640