at Sonic Drive-In in OSAGE CITY, Kansas, United States
Looking for a way to apply that boundless enthusiasm you wake up with every morning? We can help. At SONIC, you get great pay, flexible hours and a cool uniform-while doing the job you love.
As a SONIC Carhop, you are part of an elite group, filling a role offered by no other company. Being a Carhop (aka super cool food server) is like being an astronaut, only you work in a drive-in restaurant instead of space, and the food’s way better. You’re responsible for serving and delivering that food safely and efficiently, ensuring our guests have a truly out-of-this-world experience at SONIC Drive-In restaurants.
SONIC Carhop/Skating Carhop server duties may include:
- Ensuring that all restaurant menu items meet operational standards
- Greeting all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile
- Making accurate change quickly and efficiently for restaurant guests
- Carrying and balancing a tray weighing up to 25 pounds
- Serving our guests in a timely manner
- Clearing trays from our guests’ cars
Depending upon the employment practices of the individual SONIC Drive-In restaurant owner, some SONIC Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhop servers:
- Skating Carhop servers are unique to the SONIC Drive-In restaurant brand and bring a special “surprise and delight” element to the guest experience.
- Skating Carhop servers must complete the SONIC Skating Training Program.
- Upon successful completion of this program, Skating Carhops perform the above duties while roller skating.
In the words of one of our Skating Carhop servers:
“From where I’m skating, working at SONIC is a blast and the tips are great too!”
Carhop/Skating Carhop server requirements:
*Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
*Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
*Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
*Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Skating Carhop server requirements:
*Successfully completed assigned SONIC Skating Training Program
*Roller skate proficiently and frequently on various surfaces when delivering food
*Ability to continuously stand, balance and carry a tray, and sweep while roller skating
*General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
Additional Carhop/Skating Carhop server Qualifications. ..
*Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous service to our restaurant guests!
*A willingness to cross-train on all the stations – it never gets boring here!
*A team player keen on cleanliness and safety.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’. .. you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account