at Osawatomie State Hospital in Osawatomie, Kansas, United States
The Osawatomie State Hospital and Adair Acute Care at OSH are seeking caring and compassionate nurses who would like to make a difference in our patient's lives.
Multiple Shifts Available
This position is responsible for quality nursing care and supervision of direct care staff. Responsibilities include planning, implementation and evaluation of care for each individual patient to meet required standards. Supervision is available on a daily basis although there is much latitude for independent functioning and for exercising professional judgment. Regular meetings are held with supervisor.
Could be required to work up to 16 hours if needed.
- Direct Patient Care/Environmental/Safety: Conduct individual/group counseling and/or patient education groups to provide information to patients and families about health, illness, treatment process and coping methods.
- Respond, assess, intervene and provide direction for physical and psychiatric crisis/emergency situations.
- Report effectiveness of and/or any untoward effects of medication to physician. Communicate all know medical issues.
- Perform direct nursing care to insure individualized quality patient care.
- Smoothly handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change to meet the needs of patients.
- Actively participate in assessment, planning, implementation and on-going monitoring and continuous evaluation of patient's treatment.
- Make rounds and perform special checks on patients to ensure patient safety.
- Check equipment/supplies to insure safety. Monitor cleanliness.
- Exhibit good work habits.
- Documentation/Communication: Ability to navigate Med Manager and Care Organizer.
- Promote individualized goal oriented nursing care to patients.
- Document in patient's record in a descriptive, objective and concise manner.
- Orient new employees to familiarize the employee to specific treatment programs, roles, and related tasks/responsibilities to program, unit, staff and patients.
- Supervision: Evaluate work load on units and make daily assignments for direct care staff. Manage security of units; notify the nurse supervisor of any need to adjust core staffing.
- Present feedback for any staff issues arising during your shift to facilitate professional growth and development of the staff. Be a role model.