at City of Wichita in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Distinguishing Features of Work
**THE APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE**
**IF YOU ARE NOT TRUTHFUL AND/OR WITHHOLD INFORMATION IN THIS APPLICATION, YOU WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM THE HIRING PROCESS**
Before you fill out the application you need to make sure you have the following information, if you do not, you will not be able to move forward to the next question/section;
- COMPLETE Work history. Legitimate phone numbers and email addresses for each ARE REQUIRED. IF you do not remember the supervisor you worked for, AND/OR they are no longer employed, contact HR or the owner and get a valid email address and phone number for them.
- NO generic email address and generic phone numbers. Example – DO NOT USE – Idontknow@mail.com
- REMEMBER you are applying for a Police Recruit position and we want you to be honest and truthful. Do not leave out information that you think may jeopardize your chance for employment. Withholding information can result in permanent disqualification.
**Posting can be removed at anytime.
Examples of Work Performed
- Must successfully complete training in areas including, but not limited to:
- Answering calls and complaints involving fire, automobile accidents, and misdemeanor and felony cases.
- Administering first aid, conducting preliminary investigations, gathering evidence, locating witnesses, making arrests, and taking prisoners to jail.
- Interviewing persons with complaints or inquiries and making proper disposition or directing them to proper authorities.
- Processing evidence, testifying as a witness in court, keeping records, and making reports.
- Using physical force effectively and appropriately.
- Using firearms safely and accurately.
- These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Requirements of Work
- Ability to successfully complete required training within the time allowed.
- Ability to accurately discharge a rifle, shotgun, and handgun with both left and right hands.
- Ability to learn to subdue a violent and/or uncooperative person by methods requiring physical force.
- Ability to run distances up to one- and one-half miles without exhausting self.
- Must not be impaired from testifying credibly in a court of law or impaired from swearing to an affidavit.
- Ability to distinguish colors accurately.
- Visual acuity that meets established medical standards.
- Hearing ability that meets established medical standards.
- Ability to drag or carry an average adult person, about 160 pounds, a distance of fifteen to twenty feet, away from danger.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to wear body armor while on duty.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, representatives of other organizations, and the public.
- Ability to operate an automobile and to maintain a valid Kansas driver's license.
- An employee shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Required Experience and TrainingMust be 21 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, and possess a valid Kansas driver's license. Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. certificate is required. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need of a sponsorship. To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account