at University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas, United States
SOM KC Molecular and Integrative Physiology
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting physical, chemical, biological and other research laboratory tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data for research purposes; compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results. Confer with principal investigator to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments; make minor modifications to existing laboratory procedures and techniques to meet the needs of the particular equipment as required. Review laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information applicable to research experiments. Assist in the management of laboratory operations, ordering and quality control. Assist with research-related tasks involving utilization of mice, organ harvest, RNA isolation, RT-PCR, molecular cloning, and cell culture work.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Work Experience: 0-1 Years of Experience in Work Field(s)
- Skills: Strong work ethic, effective communication skills and desire to learn. Previous experience with molecular biology, cell culture techniques, animal handling, and organ/tissue collection is preferred but not required.
- Education: Bachelor or Master Degree in a Biological or related field of study
- Work Experience: 1-3 Years of Experience in Work Field(s)
- Skills: Experience with protein expression and purification, electrophoresis, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, transfection, genotyping, animal surgery. Bioinformatics analysis and programming with R language.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Work in conjunction with the PI to maintain day-to-day operation of the laboratory, including maintaining laboratory inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Perform routine molecular biology techniques to generate various expression vectors. Assist in laboratory experiments to isolate DNA, RNA and/or protein and perform PCR, qPCR, and/or Western analysis.
- Assist in genotyping, maintenance and phenotypic characterization of transgenic animals.
- Prepare summary of research experiments in format suitable for publication/presentation. Prepare figures, graphs, photographs etc. with relevant research data.
- Perform additional laboratory duties as assigned.
- Required Documents:
- Cover Letter
Pay Rate Type:
To learn more and apply online, please visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Research-Assistant_JR002839 or go to https://careers.kumc.edu/ and search for position number JR002839.
Applications must be submitted directly through the KU Medical Center website to be considered for this position. Any applications submitted via email or this website will NOT be reviewed or considered.
About KU Medical Center:
The University of Kansas Medical Centers mission is to educate exceptional health care professionals through a full range of undergraduate, graduate, professional, postdoctoral and continuing education programs in the schools of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions. KU Medical Center also advances the health sciences through world-class research programs; provides compassionate and state-of-the-art patient care in an academic medical center environment; and works with communities in every Kansas county to improve the health of Kansans. Learn more at www.kumc.edu.
KU Medical Center proudly offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package through the state of Kansas, with flexible options designed to meet the diverse needs of our faculty and staff. To learn more about our options for medical, vision, dental and other insurances, as well as our generous time off policies and retirement options, please visit http://www.kumc.edu/human-resources/benefitsrewards.html.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency