at Interim HealthCare of Wichita, Inc.* in Hutchinson, Kansas, United States
Do you like the idea of One-on-One Patient Care? In Home Health we provide Nursing Care to Patient's in their private residences. We see a number of different types of patients; Wound Care, Diabetes, Medication Management! Interested parties should apply today to help us fullfill or Mission, "Improving People's Lives."
Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s progress.
- Assists the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties.
- Assists the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Accesses protected health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.