at Security Benefit in Topeka, Kansas, United States
Security Benefit Academy (SBA) has an opening for a full-time Childcare Program Manager - Infants in our childcare center. As a Childcare Program Manager you will be a working manager with responsibilities of caring for children and supervising team members. This full-time position works four (4) 10-hour days. The Academy hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 7am – 5:30pm.
The SBA Childcare Program Manager – Infants will assist and support the Director and Assistant Director with overall center management and the development of a high quality program according to the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC) and KDHE, and establish professional, positive relationships with parents, children, and colleagues. The Childcare Program Manager – Infants will assume director and assistant director responsibilities, if needed, to ensure the quality of care for the children. The individual chosen must ensure that the program promotes the development of each child’s physical, emotional and cognitive development, in a nurturing environment. The Childcare Program Manager must always model exemplary professionalism and work ethics and ensure the safety of children by meeting the physical demands of the job. They will be responsible for working as a teacher in the classroom as needed.
- Positively support and uphold SBA's policies and
- Maintainconfidentiality regarding staff members, children, families and center
- Establish positive, respectful and professional relationships with children, parents, colleagues and the childcare
- Respect and promote individual differences; including learning styles, culturaldifferences, ideas in childcare practices and individual
- Participate and assist in planning center meetings, events and training
- Flexibility to open or close the center as needed; work various assignments to meet center needs – will require working within the classroom.
- Continue professional growth by attending courses and/or trainings.
- Guide teachers in understanding an implementing a curriculum, lesson plans and activities that support the child's physical, cognitive, emotional and social
- Keep Director and/or Assistant Director informed on any issues or potential concerns regarding the
- Supervise, guide and mentor teachers to comply with licensing regulations and meet Academy standards of care and education of
- Regularly communicate with parents through email, meetings, and the SmartCare App regarding child’s progress.
- Participate in teacher recruitment; assist in conducting
- Assist with new hire information and
- Conduct classroom observations.
- Complete employee performance
- Other duties as assigned.