Job DescriptionA career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
An EHS Specialist at MilliporeSigma in Lenexa, Kansas will provide Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety & Environmental assistance to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries (and illnesses) and emissions to the environment. This position possesses the most technical skills of Safety Specialists/Engineers, Environmental Specialists/Engineers and Industrial (Occupational) Hygienists. This position is dedicated to single-site support.
- Assist the Safety Manager in the reduction of injuries & incidents and ensuring compliance with environmental, occupational hygiene, and safety regulatory requirements
- Ensure site personnel are competent in performing Risk Assessments and ensuring needed Risk Assessments are completed.
- Identify risk reduction methods and work with site management in implementing those methods.
- Conduct EHS related training.
- Conduct safety inspections and ensure site personnel are competent in performing safety inspections.
- Interact routinely with site management, supervision, and personnel on EHS related matters.
- Prepare EHS compliance related reports and correspondence, both internally and externally (regulatory bodies).
- Ensure site is prepared for and ready to respond in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure site's EHS Management System is in place and functioning effectively to include:
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control
- Legal and Other Requirements
- Implementation and Operation
- Structure and Responsibility
- Training, Awareness and Competence
- Consultation and Communication
- Document and Data Control
- Operational Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Checking and Corrective Action
- Performance Management and Monitoring
- Accidents, Incidents, Non-conformances, & Corrective & Preventive Action
- Records and Record Management
- Management Review
- May involve wearing appropriate PPE such as respirators, chemical resistant clothing, etc.
- May involve working in environments that may be abnormally hot, cold, dry, or humid
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Chemistry
- 1+ years of EHS related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Associates Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Chemistry
- 3+ years of EHS related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering
- Certified Associate Industrial Hygienist (American Board of Certified Industrial Hygienist), Associate Safety Professional (Board of Certified Safety Professionals), and/or similar certification(s)
- ISO 14001 and 45001 program experience
- Knowledge in environmental compliance standards, especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing
- Knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety standards especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing, maintenance activities, and product distribution
- Basic perimeter security methods
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Requisition ID: 234105
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account