at CACI Communications, LLC in Lenexa, Kansas, United States
A valid driver’s license and a valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A (CDL) is a plus.
The Aerial Lineman is responsible for building, repairing and maintaining overhead telecommunication systems.
- Install and repair aerial telecommunications cable
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers, climbing hooks, and more.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks and more.
- Setting up safety perimeter using signage, cones, safety barriers
- Flagging traffic when required
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Ability to safely work aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
- Minimum of 1 years aerial line experience in the telecommunications field
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques
- Experience with installation and network upgrades is a plus
- Able to perform all duties in telecommunications construction (such as; pole transfers, maintenance builds, new build, cable installation, over lash, and strand construction)
- Proficient in pole climbing and working from hooks/gaffs
- Ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding 30 ft.
- Splicing of active & passive equipment would be a plus
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record; Class A CDL -or- Class C
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
- Candidates must be able to pass pre-employment testing (motor vehicle, drug and background)
- An ideal candidate must have knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques including the placement of poles and anchors, familiarity with a wide range of tools and equipment, ability to read and understand prints/maps, safety rules, and operating instructions.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account