at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Research Assistant (Anatomy & Physiology)
Department: 3670080020 Anatomy & Physiology
Job no: 511767
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06B
About this Role:
The Department of Anatomy & Physiology within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Research Assistant.This is a research-based position created to establish uniformity in the classification of laboratory managers across the Department. This position will also assume additional responsibilities including handling time-sensitive and confidential information related to fee-for-service research conducted on behalf of pharmaceutical companies according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GCP) standards. This individual will also supervise graduate students and post-docs and recruit, train, assign tasks and manage timeclocks for undergraduate student workers. This individual will also assist with managing grant budgets.
This position requires attention to detail along with excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Prepare and carry out experiments (including, but not limited to ELISA, radioimmuoassay, PCR and drug analysis via ultra-high pressure liquid chromatography). Experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Clinical Practice guidelines and systems (GCP). Supervising or conducting gait analysis and infrared thermography image analysis.
- Maintain equipment in the laboratory and order research supplies. Assist with planning upcoming studies including anticipating research supplies and staffing needs and helping with study execution. Managing graduate students, post-docs and undergraduate student workers in the laboratory. Schedule preventative maintenance and establish instrument calibration protocols.
- Assist PI's affiliated with the lab in maintaining University and College laboratory safety compliance including radiation safety.
- Assist with budging for grant applications and record, and follow, the grant budget. Assisting with preparing Animal Care and Use Protocols.
- Must be able to calculate drug dilutions. Ability to write and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in a scientific field
- Two - five years of relevant experience
- Masters degree
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Experience working in a Quality Assurance environment
- Experience working with Waters Liquid Chromatography- Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS/MS) systems
- Experience managing a laboratory
- Experience with analytical platforms including, but not limited to, ELISA, PCR, and/or Radioimmunoassay
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and MS Word
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 50,000 - $ 62,822 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 07, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/511767/research-assistant-anatomy-physiology
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency