at Valley Offset Printing INC in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Under the supervision of the Mail Room Supervisor, the Mail Techs are responsible for setting up and operating all inkjet and mailing devices according to specification on the job ticket as well as maintaining quality standards of jobs produced by these machines while ensuring each order is produced to order specs while meeting delivery deadlines.
- The Mail Tech reports directly to and the Mail Supervisor.
- This position will be 100% Plant environment with a moderate to high noise level from varies machinery throughout Plant.
- This position will work near moving mechanical parts, and exposure to chemical hazards when in the production area(s).
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles: paper dust, drying powder.
- Fast-paced environment subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- May work overtime.
- This position physical requirements may include but are not limited to the following:
- Bending, twisting, sitting & standing for long periods of time
- lifting up to 50lbs
- bending elbows, twisting or use of wrists, raising arms above head & squatting down
- other various physical body movements.
DUTIES & TASKS
- Ensure recordkeeping requirements for jobs are met.
- Ensures that all finished products are acceptable quality and produced according to schedules.
- Set up, operate and trouble shoot all inkjet and tabbing equipment
- Oversee inkjet quality, assuring bar codes meet postal specifications and image is clean and clear
- Capable of reading and understanding job ticket instructions
- Understands postal sortation, traying, sacking and palletizing of mail
- Understands mail categories and classes. Understands drop shipment procedures, expedited services, international mailing, mailing permit applications, small equipment procurement and mail piece design.
- Responsible for ensuring safe operating conditions of all machinery
- Check barcode and address block placement, create fold samples, and Sample A samples for insert jobs.
- Secures customer sign off inkjet image before processing a job (if required).
- Fills out checklist upon set up of each job.
- Performs all minor maintenance and cleaning of machinery as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper training on process, quality, and safety procedures.
- Participates in on-going training.
- Provides technical advice.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Experience operating commercial mailing and bindery equipment (preferred)
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Mechanic skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to read and write English.
- The senses of sight, speech (English) and hearing are required.
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to workstation.