at KDOT in Garnett, Kansas, United States
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
These Equipment Operator positions are located across District 4 – Southeast Kansas. These positions require a Class A CDL with air brake option at the time of hire. If you do not currently have a Class A CDL but are still interested in employment with the Kansas Department of Transportation, you may still qualify for our Equipment Operator Trainee program which is a paid position that provides employees with on-the-job training while you work towards obtaining a CDL. You may apply through this job ad for either Equipment Operator or Equipment Operator Trainee roles.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform manual labor associated with maintenance activities, including the operation of miscellaneous equipment such as chain saws, weed eaters, pumps, compressors, jackhammers, generators, power tools, and various hand tools.
- Setup and remove temporary traffic control and serve as flag person for maintenance work zones.
- Maintain highways and facilities through activities such as repairs, resurfacing, mowing, and snow and ice control.
- Operate dump trucks, small and medium-size loaders, mowers, tractors, rollers, and power brooms to perform various maintenance tasks. Operate a loader or truck-mounted plow and spreader in snow and ice control operations.
- On-the-job training is provided.
bout the Position:
- Who can apply: Anyone
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full/Part-time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Due to the nature of the work, incumbent may/will be required to work additional hours when needed, including nights and weekends. Additional hours will be assigned by the supervisor depending on the needs of the agency.
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veteran Preference Eligible: Yes
- Search Keywords: District Four – Garnett, Fort Scott, Columbus, Iola, Ottawa, Pittsburg, Mound City, Chanute, Altoona, Erie, Yates Center, Louisburg
With Class A CDL: Equipment Operator
- Annual Salary: $34,444.80
- Hourly Pay: $16.56
Without Class A CDL: Equipment Operator Trainee
- Annual Salary: $31,262.40
- Hourly Pay: $15.03
- Educational Assistance Program
- On-the-job training programs
- Paid Vacation Leave & Sick Leave
- Group health, dental, vision.
- Family Oriented Work Environment
- Basic Life Insurance provided by the State/Optional Group Life Insurance at a reasonable cost.
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information…
Go to jobs.ks.gov to apply.
Recruiter Contact Information:
- Name: Chelsea Smith
- Email: KDOT.HQ.JobApps@ks.gov
- Phone: (785) 296-7242