at Elite Logistic Services in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Troubleshoot, install, repair & maintain mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components of equipment adhering to lockout tagout procedures and other safety guidelines.
- Perform general facility repairs, including but not limited to building, grounds, lighting and plumbing.
- Dismantle machinery to perform repairs, detect wear, misalignment and other problems. Reassemble machines, make all necessary adjustments and test operations
- Replace broken or defective parts on equipment or facility as required
- May prepare written specifications for major repairs or production of parts; make up bill of materials, select proper materials, tools and equipment and complete requisitions for same.
- Prioritize equipment maintenance requests with Plant Manager.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvement to equipment
- Manage preventive maintenance program, including recordkeeping and recommend scheduled maintenance
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside maintenance and service vendors
- Ensure quality of repairs performed
- Two (2) years maintenance experience
- Must have excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills, knowledge for use of mechanical/pneumatic tools, measuring equipment, automated systems, and forklifts
- Some computer experience required *MS office preferred).
- Two-year college or technical program or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of machine theory, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting and machine design, Knowledge of both gas- and diesel-powered engines and drivetrain
- Knowledge of machinery and support systems according to manufacturer's guidelines/specifications/ manuals
- Ability to perform varied welding functions to include, stock, MiG, plasma cutter Understand different types of welding rod, wire / shielding gas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Forklift certified
- Ability to understand equipment and tool drawings