at Sedgwick County* in Wichita, Kansas, United States
Date: Sep 16, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, US
Company: Sedgwick County
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Pay: $93,655.00 to $137,054.00 annually dependent upon experience, education, and certifications.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm | Exempt | Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department
Responsible for the operation, administration, and strategic direction of SCEMS. Ensures SCEMS compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and limitations. Plans, organizes, coordinates and evaluates ambulance service performance; develops and implements written policies, procedures and guidelines; represents SCEMS and the County at local, regional, and national meetings; administers and manages staff and budget; presents reports to the County Manager and Sedgwick County Commissioners; overall responsibility for service delivery, staffing, program planning, and maintenance of vehicles, equipment and facilities.
Organizational Leadership & Management
- Develops, interprets, initiates and evaluates goals, objectives and strategic plans.
- Responsible for SCEMS budget, billing, and revenues.
- Monitors expenditures and revenues for fiscal compliance.
- Ensures preparedness plans and disaster coordination policies are current and functional.
- Monitors and analyzes EMS market trends.
- Responsible for SCEMS compliance with all local, state and federal legal and regulatory requirements.
- Delegates authority and empowers others to carry out the completion of objectives.
- Manages departmental order and discipline; promotes a work environment that is free of discriminatory, harassing or retaliatory conduct.
- Encourages staff continuing education and professional development.
Communication and Collaboration
- Primary contact medical director.
- Primary contact for the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services.
- Maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with medical system partners and public safety agencies.
- Meets and collaborates with employee and citizen advisory groups.
- Report SCEMS performance to stakeholders.
- Administer the SCEMS web page and communications platforms for current, appropriate content.
Continuous System Improvement
- Attends or ensures participation in local, regional and national conferences and meetings.
- Monitors EMS legislation and evaluates effects on EMS personnel and services.
- Review data from national and international sources on EMS industry trends and best practices.
- Implements system changes as appropriate.
- Maintains a Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program; monitors outcomes and initiates QI solutions and training.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, management, public administration, healthcare, or a related field. Seven years in senior leadership with supervisory / personnel management experience in a licensed emergency medical services agency, or demonstrated equivalent experience. License, certifications: Have, or be able to obtain a State of Kansas Paramedic Certificate and a valid State of Kansas Driver’s License; pass a criminal and driving history background check. Have or obtain certificates in NIMS / ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management, Public Administration, Health Administration, or relevant domain. Ten years of progressive administrative and supervisory / personnel management experience in a licensed emergency medical services agency or demonstrated equivalent experience. Have certificates in NIMS / ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777). Do not use this phone number for employment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Manager, Law, Compliance, Business Manager, Quality Assurance, Management, Legal, Technology