at Central Consolidated Inc in Wichita, Kansas, United States
The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced mid-to-senior level Mechanical Estimator to join our team!
The right candidate will have extensive experience in mechanical estimation and have the ability to analyze and evaluate all aspects of potential projects to set pricing to ensure Central Consolidated remains competitive and profitable. This person is motivated and looking to grow the business while managing quality and consistency of products and service delivery in accordance to Central Consolidated standards providing the customer with an exceptional experience.
- Aid in the success of project procurement by preparing estimates for review by executive team
- Perform drawing takeoffs, equipment and fixture counts, specification review, initiating pre-bid RFI’s and prepare all other direct project costs necessary for a complete and competitive estimate
- Estimate design build projects, plan and spec projects along with conceptual budgets
- Provide oversight on multiple project-estimates concurrently with ability to multitask
- Facilitate effective communication and efficient manpower deployment within the estimating group in support of the company’s and project manager’s estimating efforts
- Maintain and update master bid list
- Track proposals and follow up with clients to determine price competitiveness
- Participate in the search and selection of project opportunities
- Develop and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Coordinate and conduct preconstruction review meetings
- Mentor junior estimators on estimation process and cross train to develop robust team
- Analyze past performance of estimates compared to completed work and develop processes for better estimates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years Mechanical Estimating experience on commercial, healthcare and/or industrial projects
- Previous design build experience preferred
- QuoteSoft and FastPipe experience preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of construction documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience working within leadership team preferred
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public
- Must have good reading, writing, and arithmetic skills with strong attention to detail
- Work requires significant local travel to client offices and jobsites which requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
- Able to work independently or with others in a professional manner
- Well-rounded knowledge of computers
- Health, Rx, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Company Provided Vehicle or Car Allowance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to examine materials and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account