at SPX Cooling Technologies in Olathe, Kansas, United States
Shifts: Multiple Shifts Available!
1st Shift: 5:30am-2:00pm or 7:00am-3:30pm, OT on Sat/Sun when required.
2nd Shift: 3:20pm-11:50pm,, OT on Sat/Sun when required.
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.90 -$17.50 (Depending on the shift)
New Hires will receieve a $3,000 Phased Sign On Bonus!
Benefits (STARTS DAY ONE):
- Medical Benefits Beginning Day One of Employment
- 401k with Company Matching
- PPE Reimbursements
- Tuition Reimbursement
Location: 1200 W Marley Rd, Olathe, KS 66061
Immediate Openings! No experience required!
This position will be responsible for working in the process and production of cooling tower manufacturing in Olathe, KS. This position may work in various departments (Assembly, Plastics, JIT Fab, Stores/Warehouse). The position may assume additional duties as assigned. The successful incumbent will be detail oriented, able to follow instructions, and work well in a team atmosphere. This position may work in any station or operation of the manufacturing process.
High School Diploma or GED
Prior manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required
Depending upon the operation the incumbent is performing, he/she may be required to:
- Select correct material for the job duty being performed under direction of the Lead Person
- Follow all work instructions per job specifications
- Operate a man lift, scissor lift, overhead crane, hoist and/or forklift as required after in house certification is obtained
- Use tools such as wrenches, impact guns, utility knife, drift pins, sealant tape, glue, staple gun, nail gun, sheet grinder and any other required tools/equipment safely and effectively
- Ability to plan work and select proper tools
- Ability to safely and effectively choose and operate hand tools (manual, pneumatic and electrical)
- Ability to choose and apply the correct types of material
- Ability to use air bearings, overhead crane and airfloat safely and effectively
- Ability to read a tape measure in metric and empirical standards
- Ability to interpret build orders and engineering drawings correctly
- Ability to adapt to change and flex his/her work at appropriate times so as to support the manufacturing process
- Ability to compare and accurately determine difference in size, shape, and form of objects
- Ability to work within precise limits and/or standards of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow and understand directions
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling, crawling, climbing, twisting, reaching, and working at heights
- Perform repetitive motions
- Plant environment with potential exposure to bad weather, excessive heat, and/or excessive noise
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Find out more at: spx.com/careers
Thank you for your interest in our company!