at Wildcat Construction Co., Inc. in Wichita, Kansas, United States
The Sherwood Companies have a proven track record of completing a variety of projects from General Construction, to Construction Management and Design Build Projects for both public and private owners. A brief summary of the types of projects include, urban expressways, bridges, underground utilities, dam construction, asphalt/concrete paving and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Under general supervision, performs safe and efficient duties necessary in the heavy highway construction industry. The incumbent will need to operate in a safe and efficient manner following all personal protective equipment (PPE) and process requirements. Must be able to travel from jobsite to jobsite.
- Follow all company safety policies and practices
- Ability to follow instructions
- Work as a member of a team
- Work with all crews doing the necessary tasks to complete a job
- Work with hand tools and other equipment necessary to complete a task
- Ensure and maintain work quality
- Maintain jobsite cleanliness and organization
- Move materials of various types and weights
- Preserve and maintain work being done, as well as, completed work
- Apply improved work procedures to ensure safety and efficiency of operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Capable of working outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES
- Work Standards
- Continuous Improvement
- Initiating Action
- Contributing to Team Success
- Managing Work (Time Management)
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
- Manual dexterity
- Extent flexibility
- Finger dexterity
- Near vision
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
- Ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and lift heavy objects (50 lbs)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.
Travel Required Yes. Must be able to travel from jobsite to jobsite.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account