at Capital Electric Construction Company, Inc. in Kansas City, Kansas, United States
Capital Electric Construction Company, Inc.
Kansas City, KS
Lisa L Holt
08/31/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Be part of a company that values Safety, Integrity and Community!
Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Promote Capital Electric Construction's core values and safety culture. Embrace, support, and promote the four critical success factors of Safety First, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, and Financial Success. Primary duties are to provide efficient, accurate and professional administrative support services for a specific person or group (i.e. company executive, division, department, etc.). May involve coordination of meetings, travel, contacts and arrangements for various departments. This position will work at our main office in Kansas City, KS.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Compose and/or edit letters, memos, reports, procedures, etc., as required.
2. Act as liaison between own group/supervisor and others, such as other departments, external contacts, clients, etc. Such liaison may be required to arrange meetings, clarify and resolve problems, coordinate work, maintain working relationship and public relations, etc.
3. Respond to employee requests for information or assistance.
4. Process day-to-day administrative items (i.e., supply requisitions, personnel transaction forms, etc.) per supervisor's authorization.
5. Organizes the preparation of proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials such as brochures, data, slides, photographs and reports.
6. Assist Safety department by scheduling and tracking training, drug screens, and other duties as assigned.
7. Maintain DOT files for all company employees.
8. Compose and proof various marketing materials, including but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, company or product fact sheets and other promotional materials.
9. Prepare special reports, studies, statistical analysis, etc. per supervisor's request. Such items would usually require research, development and/or interpretation of data and be performed with little supervision or instruction.
10. May interpret and administer a company policy, program or procedure requiring independent decision making.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Educational and experience requirements include: 1-2 years business or technical school plus 3 years administrative experience or equivalent combination of training and related experience. Working knowledge of general office procedures plus ability to organize and coordinate group work efforts required. Proficient research and communication skills are essential.
Salary & Benefits
Wage commensurate with experience and education.
Competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance.
401k with employer match (fully vested)
7 paid holidays
About our Company
Headquartered in Kansas City, KS, Capital Electric Construction Co. specializes in electrical construction.
Capital Electric Construction Co. was founded in 1957. Since the beginning, Capital Electric has prided itself on providing a full range of professional electrical services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Key Skills & Competencies
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing material as well as the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner. Proficient to advanced skills in the use of various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Requires a positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers. Good punctuation, spelling, and grammar skills are essential. Must maintain highly confidential and sensitive information and contribute to a team-oriented work environment.
Background check, credit check, MVR and drug screen may be required (will vary by position).
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.