at Kubota Tractor Corporation in Edgerton, Kansas, United States
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Equipment Operators are responsible for assisting parts and Wholegoods shipping, receiving and put-away activities in Kubota warehouses and distribution centers through use of forklifts, reach trucks and order pickers. The Equipment Operator is responsible for operation of such equipment 80% of their working time.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Obtains copy of shipping orders/put away orders and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas within the facility.
- Moves goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Loads and unloads various carriers of Kubota parts and equipment, which may require operating tractors, excavators, RTV's, etc.
- Stacks goods in correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
- Checks to ensure that trucks are properly loaded and materials and equipment are secure.
- Stacks empty pallets.
- Performs daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment.
- Removes machine attachments and waste material from machines.
- Examines products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- May assist with warehouse maintenance activities including waste materials into appropriate bins for disposal.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
High school diploma or GED
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Certified to operate a forklift, reach truck, order picker as required according to OSHA standards.
- Good language and reading skills; basic computer skills required.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others and promote a safe work environment.
- Follow instructions for operating assigned equipment and keeping required records.
- Ability to execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- May be required to use RF scanner.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Forklift, reach truck, order picker. (80%)
- Office equipment including computer, copier, fax, phone, printer
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
- Frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long periods of time.
- A good sense of balance with the ability to work at heights up to 30 feet.
- Good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures depending upon the season both indoors and out.
- Ability to wear various PPE including fall protection harnesses and seat belt restraints.
Flatbed trailers require extensive knowledge of crate size, weight distribution and height requirements. Must have the ability to climb on load which could be as high as 13 feet 6 inches.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account