at Kubota Tractor Corporation in Edgerton, Kansas, United States
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The purpose is to ship and receive parts, tractors, tires, and implements, and accurately and efficiently ship orders for parts and whole goods to fulfill requests from Kubota dealers..
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Accurately and efficiently expedite orders for delivery.
- Route and process parts and whole goods received for inventory to ensure that parts and equipment are stocked in an orderly and concise manner.
- Maintain inventory within warehouse to ensure order and efficiency.
- Audit and verify current inventory to ensure appropriate quantities of stock.
- Load various carriers of Kubota parts and equipment.
- Ship items out using FedEx computer. General housekeeping to keep warehouse as clean as possible. Mid-year & year-end inventory.
Making a list of items that are damaged, used or short parts that will be given to the warehouse manager for mid & year end scrap, to be considered by the corporate office.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
High school diploma or GED
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Knowledge, skill and ability to safely operate a forklift and manage loads of heavy equipment, tires and/or pallets of parts.
- Ability to use a computer or RF scanner to input and retrieve information.
- Basic math skills.
- Experience with warehousing equipment including pallet jacks, reach trucks and other types of lifting equipment.
- Ability to select the most efficient and economical means for preparing shipments.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
Equipment including , forklift, computer, scanner, copier, fax, phone, printer
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Flatbed trailers require more knowledge of crate size weight distribution and height requirements and must have the ability to climb on load which could be as high as 13 feet 6 inches.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account